For innovative companies that are spearheading what responsible business means in the digital age and demonstrating a positive impact.
Technology is bringing unprecedented change, leading economists to predict that a century's worth of progress will take place in the next decade alone. Digital innovation is rapidly creating jobs, new business models and new high growth industries, with the potential to transform the world.
However, businesses are increasingly grappling with how they can manage the transition to this digital era and address the immediate and long-term complexities it presents, which are fundamentally changing how business and the world operate.
This pioneering award recognises companies with innovative business models and new technologies, but also practical solutions to reduce inequalities and improve livelihoods affected by digital transformation. It will recognise creative ways to provide new opportunities, create the jobs and workforces of the future to ensure everyone can benefit from the digital age. It will also recognise innovation that builds trust in business through transparent data solutions.
Approach to responsible business in the digital age
Demonstrate an attitude towards digital transformation that seizes opportunities to drive inclusive growth and prosperity for both industry and wider society. Assessors and judges will award the extent to which those practices are making an impact and they are integrated into your core business strategy. Your programme/ initiative will be assessed against the following criteria: strategy, innovation, leadership, brand/communication, risk mitigation / growth opportunities, governance and collaboration.
And it can cover one or more of the following examples:
- Job creation and securing the workforce of the future
Provide concrete examples for how your business is planning for the workforce of the future, through the development of newly required skills and successful strategies to provide opportunities for those in society at risk of falling behind. This could mean identifying approaches to downsizing, by minimising negative societal impact. Finding creative ways to prepare the current workforce in their transition or implementing ways for technology to complement rather than replace humans.
- Business using data innovatively
Responsible businesses innovatively using data, to benefit society, the environment and the economy. Those can be business practices that increase trust by placing fair handling of data and transparency at the heart of their value proposition.
- Business models which have been transformed by digital or technological disruption
Demonstrate how business models, which have been directly influenced or shaped by technological innovation, have led to the creation of new products or services that also protect people and planet.
- This category is open to all private sector companies.
- The business should be entering for a programme that goes above and beyond the statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements of the business.
- The entry can focus on impact achieved in the UK as well as internationally.
- Businesses of any size can enter and will have an equal chance of winning as entries will be assessed against the scoring grid and not against each other.
- This award is for every business that can demonstrate sustainable business solutions to mitigate the risks of digital transformation for people and planet.
Deadline is 17:00 GMT on Friday 9 February 2018.
For more details please contact Catherine Phillips: email@example.com