*Please note, entries to the Responsible Business Awards have now closed. The announcement of the Responsible Business Awards Longlist will be made during Responsible Business Week on 23 April.
For businesses that are developing models of smart growth that lead to better use of resources, nurture healthy ecosystems and/or tackle climate change.
The last 50 years has seen enormous economic growth that has enabled many people, particularly in the developed world, to enjoy prosperity that previous generations could not even imagine.
It is increasingly apparent that our ‘take, make, waste’ model of debt/consumption based economic success is undermining the prosperity of many today and of all of us in the future, by destroying natural capital, leading to resource scarcity and contributing to climate change. Businesses need to take urgent action to address key environmental issues and secure resources for future prosperity in the short, medium and long term.
The Environmental Sustainability Award identifies businesses that are developing models of smart growth that lead to better use of resources, nurtures healthy ecosystems and/or tackles climate change.
Please note, smart business growth is defined as growing a business’s value in a way that promotes better use of resources, nurtures healthy ecosystems or tackles climate change.
Successful applicants will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- The business is creating value for itself and society by addressing one or more of the following environmental challenges: adopting a better use of resources; nurturing healthy ecosystems; tackling climate change.
- The contribution of the business towards tackling these challenges.
- The benefits to the business (including economic), and the contribution to wider society.
- Effective collaboration with key stakeholders in the value chain.
- Innovation in products/services and the wider business.
We welcome applications that are targeted on a particular environmental challenge, or those that take a more holistic approach.
This category is open to all members of Business in the Community (BITC) and any non-member private sector business.
- The business should be entering for a programme that goes above and beyond the core purpose of the business.
- The entry could focus on impact achieved in the UK or abroad.
- Businesses of any size can enter and will have an equal chance of winning as entries will be assessed against the scoring guide and not against each other.
Deadline 17:00 GMT on Friday 9 February 2018
For more details, please contact Elizabeth Edgington: firstname.lastname@example.org